Wednesday, December 2, 2009

AIRFRANCE

Last month I had to take four flights of AirFrance. Luckily two of them were operated by Finnair: meaning smooth service on ground and in flight, and a surprisingly, lately, effort to offer more than decent meals. I used to criticize most of the food they offered, I guess they understood somehow that a meal can be of importance too: especially when it costs them almost nothing.

Now the French company... well, I shouldn't really write much. I flew Paris-Athens last Monday and they served a cold meal to the economy class passengers. Cold as in "chilled"(!!!) not as in room temperature (the same occurred when I was going to Paris, so it can't be much of a coincidence). I guess that's just about the famous French cuisine... Another thing about them: in times when none of the other companies I usually use, has a first class in Europe, they insist to keep it! This makes the economy class space rather small, and gives the business class the emergency exit rows -in an Airbus, which normally they prefer to use... Nothing important you can say, but after ten hours traveling I would like to sit on a more comfortable chair, even in economy.

The De Gaulle airport seems to be equally stuck in the past... with -only- three restaurants in terminal 2 and many fast food chains, it's not the best place to spend your time, while waiting for the next flight.

Ordered the skyteam card (frequent traveller program), though I doubt it'll be largely used... Cheers!

buzz it!

3 comments:

Alex said...

They are all pretty much the same nowadays. BA has even stopped those cold rubbery sandwitches they used to do(the worse kind) and on short flights you only get some rabbit food-style nibles and a juice if you are lucky, as they are usually not enough for a full flight...
OA on the other hand has gone back to its old tricks. I hear that, over the last few days they found themselves"overbooked" as they like to call it. Sold more tickets than they have seats...
I am flying with them tomorrow and, to be honest, I will be glad if I even manage to get on the plane.I don't care if they feed me crisps and coke, just want to get home...lol.

Stefanos Nasos said...

have a nice flight back home!

Now, AF shouldn't really be crappy, you know they have a great cuisine, fantastic chefs, lovely pastry etc. On the other hand what did UK offered to the culinary world, apart from fish and chips?

good luck with OA! It's private now, so I think you'll be luckily surprised -then again, the snowy weather it's not their fault ;-)

http://karabouzouklides.blogspot.com said...

Xronia polla paides kai oti katsei...